Thursday, February 25, 2010

It Is Finished..........February 25




"My Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me; nevertheless, not as I will but as thou wilt" (Mt 26:39).

"My God, my God, why hast Thou forsaken me?"
(Mk 15:34)

"Father, into Thy hands I commit my spirit" (Lk 23:46)

"It is finished" (Jn 19:30).


Jesus carried our sins in his own body on the cross so that we could die to sin and live in holiness; by His wounds we have been healed.
(1 Peter 2:24)



Here is the meaning of the Latin words on this card:
"Father, forgive them, for they know not what they are doing."

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, such love for us that is often times not remembered or appreciated. Thank you Micki for sharing daily quotes and lovely holy cards. ~Freda~

Anonymous said...

Friends,

Here is the meaning of the Latin words on this card:

"Father, forgive them, for they know not what they are doing."

John

Micki said...

Freda - What thoughtful words...yes, we must always "remember" and
"appreciate". Thank you


John - Thank you. How did you do that....the words are so blurry?

Josef_63 said...

I have this same holy card, it is beautiful. How often have I repeated these words, so that I don't harbor any anger towards another. I also ask Jesus for His forgiveness for my offenses against my fellow travellers on the journey to Heaven. A Beautiful Day to all and to you Micki! John K.

Micki said...

John K - We can all learn from what you do. Good advice.

Anonymous said...

Micki,
I could make out the first word, the third word, and the last three words. They were enough for me to figure out what the whole quotation was.
John

Micki said...

John - Great "figuring". Almost like a puzzle huh?

Anonymous said...

I Love you Jesus. Thank you for dying on the Cross for me a sinner. What you must have suffered. How you must worry about this world and its inhumanity to man. For this Lord we are sorry.