Saturday, March 21, 2009

*Gaze on Him.............March 21


"We are in the age of the media
and the media are more interested in novelty than in truth. Let us concentrate on the mystery
that we are celebrating...
'To fix one's gaze on the pierced side of Christ..."

Father Cantalamessa



Translation of French words:
[At the top:]
"The fragrance of myrrh from the spouses of Jesus Christ."
[Above the cross:]
"He is the Angel of Great Counsel. He is the Book of the Elect."
[Below the cross:]
"I love Thee, o Lord, my Strength."
[At the bottom:]
"(From Isaiah 53:5) He has taken upon Himself our chastisements, and with His wounds He has healed us.(From Exodus 25:40) See that you make them after the pattern for them, which is being shown you on the mountain."

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Friends,

Here is a translation of the card's French words:

[At the top:] "The fragrance of myrrh from the spouses of Jesus Christ."

[Above the cross:] "He is the Angel of Great Counsel. He is the Book of the Elect."

[Below the cross:] "I love Thee, o Lord, my Strength."

[At the bottom:] "(From Isaiah 53:5) He has taken upon Himself our chastisements, and with His wounds He has healed us.
(From Exodus 25:40) See that you make them after the pattern for them, which is being shown you on the mountain."

John

Prayerflowers said...

Sweet Micki...Beautiful card Thank you...for all the inspiration your cards give us all.
John thank you for your translations...I especially needed to pray with all my heart this morning..."I love Thee, O Lord, my Strength."
Love & Hugs Micki (thank you for your note..)
Prayerflowers

Anonymous said...

John, thankyou for the translation! and Micki, thankyou for sharing this tremendous holy card....because it refers to spouses of Jesus Christ, I will be sending a copy to my Carmelite nun friend--I am sure that she will find it a treasure!

Diane S.

Anonymous said...

May God bless you in special ways, Prayerflowers and Diane.
John