Sunday, August 3, 2008

Let the Storm Come..........August 3



"Be firm in your resolutions;
stay in the ship in which I placed you
and let the storm come.
Long live Jesus.
You will not perish.
Walk the way of the Lord in simplicity;
do not tormet your spirit.
Say the truth,
always the truth."

Saint Padre Pio of Pietrelcina

Translation:
(At the top:)The Master's Boat(At the bottom:)"My daughter, speak thus in every situation: "Lord, so be it, if it is Thy will. Lord, I am in Thy Hand. Turn me to and fro, in every direction, as Thou pleaseth."[Based on words in "The Imitation of Christ," Section III, Chapter XV.]

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Friends,
I believe that the French words have the following meaning:

(At the top:)
The Master's Boat

(At the bottom:)
"My daughter, speak thus in every situation: "Lord, so be it, if it is Thy will. Lord, I am in Thy Hand. Turn me to and fro, in every direction, as Thou pleaseth."
[Based on words in "The Imitation of Christ," Section III, Chapter XV.]

John

Anonymous said...

Thankyou, Micki, for the beautiful holy card and the words of St. Pio. Thankyou, John, for the translation--the words are powerful, asking that we totally follow the holy Will of God always and yes, sometimes that is most difficult and yet the best and only way!

Diane S.

aspiring... said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Micki said...

I love AF's saying so I'll use it again.

All - "good morning and good blessings"....makes me feel happy just saying those words.